Terms & Conditions
Wedding & Events - Booking Terms & Conditions
Thank you for considering Glendale Golf & Country Club for your event. All bookings made with Glendale will be subject to the following policies:
- DEPOSITS: A $1,000.00 non-refundable deposit is required to secure the use of the facility on a specific date, or for an event. For weddings/events that have a booking date over 12 months away from the date of signing the contract, an additional $1,000.00 non-refundable payment is required to be made.
- CANCELLATIONS & MINIMUMS: All cancellations need to be made in writing and confirmed by Glendale Golf & Country Club to be valid. Events cancelled with less than ninety days’ notice will be charged 50% of the estimated event bill. Less than two weeks’ notice will be charged 100% of the estimated costs. If minimum numbers are not reached for a specific package, a charge of $35 per person may apply.
- CONFIRMATION: A guaranteed number of guests is required seven days prior to your event. The guaranteed number is not subject to reduction. On the day of the event, if there is a discrepancy in the number of people attending, Glendale Golf & Country Club shall deem the larger number to be correct. Please note that certain menu & decor items selections may carry a minimum guest requirement.
- MENU/LIQUOR SELECTIONS: Glendale Golf & Country Club requires all menus to be selected at least two weeks prior to the event date. If you are hosting an event with a choice of dinner all entree selection counts are required two weeks prior to the final menu selections. In the event that any of your guests have food allergies, you must inform us of the names of such person and their allergies, so we may take the necessary precautions when preparing their food. All prices are subject to change due to market price fluctuations. As a result, the final costs for your function may not be guaranteed more than 60 days in advance. If the host or cash bar revenue is less than $300.00 (pre-tax & service charge) a bartender fee of $15.00 per hour will be charged for a minimum of four hours for each bar in operation at the event.
- PAYMENT TERMS: Six months prior to the wedding/event a payment of $1,000.00 is required. The estimated total for the event must be paid seven days prior to the function. A credit card will be held on file to process the remaining balance. If the host prefers to pay by an alternate method of payment, the credit card will be used only as a backup. The full balance of the event is to be paid within seven days of receiving the final invoice. A financing charge may be levied after this time. All payments/deposits made on the function account are non-refundable but are used towards the final invoice.
- SERVICE CHARGE & FEES: All food and beverage services are subject to a 15% service charge. For all packages with the exception of Winter Weddings, there will be a tear down fee of $250.00, which includes set up of all extra personal decor.
- TAX: PST and GST apply to all food & beverage, labour, room & equipment rental charges. The service charge is subject to GST.
- HEALTH REGULATIONS: All food is to be supplied, prepared and served by Glendale Golf & Country Club. The exception to this are wedding cakes/desserts which must be supplied by a licensed baker. Due to health regulations, any leftover food & beverage may not leave the property after an event (including open bottles of wine, etc.). Food & Beverage products must not be brought onto the property. All sponsored products must be approved by the Food & Beverage Manager and purchased through the club.
- FUNCTION ROOM: Should the number of guests attending a function differ from the original number quoted, Glendale Golf & Country Club reserves the right to provide an alternate room best suited to the size of the group.
- LIABILITY: Glendale Golf & Country Club reserves the right to inspect and monitor your event and discontinue services to all guests in the case of any violations of Club policy or Provincial Law. You will be held responsible for any damage caused by either yourself or your guests; any costs associated with theft, damage or extra clean-up will be added to your final invoice. Glendale Golf & Country Club assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage to goods, property, and/or equipment brought into the facility by the organizer or guests.
- DECORATING: Your event coordinator must be consulted regarding any display or signage to be used on the property by the organizer or guest. Use of nails, staples, glue or any like materials are not allowed on any walls, doors or ceiling. Decoration set-up and clean-up of decoration is the responsibility of the function organizer (with the exception of certain wedding packages). Glendale Golf & Country Club will confirm room availability for decorating seven days prior to the function date. Your DJ/Band will be allowed to setup the day of your function. Smoke machines/confetti/rice/silk petals/ silly string, etc. are not permitted in or outside the Clubhouse. If any of these items are found during clean-up a charge of $150.00 will be levied.
- MUSIC: SOCAN (Society of Composers, Authors, and Music Publisher of Canada) and RESOUND (not-for-profit music licensing company dedicated to obtaining fair compensation for artists and record companies) require that the users of music obtain SOCAN/RESOUND licenses to perform copyright music in public. The required license fee for an event with music is based on the guidelines set out by these organizations.
- AUDIO/VISUAL: Glendale Golf & Country Club has audio/visual equipment available for rent. All audio/visual needs must be specified at least 48 hours prior to the event. If an LCD projector is required a trial run must be performed prior to the event/ Glendale Golf & Country Club will not be responsible for the facilitation of the projector nor will be held responsible for any technical difficulties.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Photographs are to be taken in designated areas ONLY. Glendale Golf & Country Club is a private club and therefore requires advance notice if you wish to take photos on the course, as it may interfere with golf or other events. Please ensure your photographer is aware of the designated areas for taking photos.