Glendale Club Information
Glendale Golf and Country Club offers a wide range of programs, golf leagues and activities for the entire family. The golf course was originally designed by Stanley Thompson in 1946 and then renovated by Bill Robinson, beginning in 1988. The Glendale Clubhouse was designed for the comfort and enjoyment of members and guests and is fully licenced. The inviting, yet informal, 70 seat Glendale Grill, complete with a separate 30 seat lounge area, the 200 seat Riverview banquet room, and the smaller, more intimate, 50 seat Glendale room, are among the fine facilities at Glendale. The men's and women’s locker and change rooms are spacious and functional, and both feature comfortably appointed lounges and relaxation areas.
The Glendale Grill offers members and guests an appetising and varied menu accompanied by a scenic view of the golf course and practice area. The adjoining lounge is an ideal spot to relax with a cold beverage and a light snack or meal after your game, and watch sports or news on the wide screen HDTV.
And of course, members and their guests can enjoy refreshments before or after golf at the outdoor patio, BBQ and kiosk area situated next to the Golf Shop and practice facilities.
Social and League Activities
In addition to the wonderful golf experience, a great reason for joining Glendale is the wide array of social activities at the Club. New members are quickly welcomed and are made to feel right at home.
Some of the events and activities include:
- Members Opening and Closing Tournament days,
- Wednesday Night Mixer (9-holes of golf followed by an informal dinner in the Glendale Grill),
- Tuesday evening and Thursday Women’s Programs
- Thursday Night Action League (TNAL) with two shotgun starts – 1:00 and 4:00 pm
- Winter leagues and lessons utilizing the new Foresight Sports Simulator in the Golf Shop,
- Family Buffets and Dinners in the dining room,
- Special Holiday dinners and banquets celebrating Mother's Day, Father's Day and Thanksgiving are extremely popular with members and guests.